Ikoma Tented Camp
Ikoma Tented Camp – Serengeti set in the midst of an incredible scenery of savannah and skies, you find Ikoma Tented Camp, sheltered in a grove of acacia trees. Ikoma has 35 traditional Meru tents, each under thatch with a private veranda overlooking the impressive plains of the Serengeti.
The central restaurant and bar area boast a large camp fire – an ideal spot to unwind with a chilled drink after a long days of exciting game viewing. Ikoma Tented Camp is ideally situated at the border of the world-renowned Serengeti National Park, along the path of the migrating wildebeests between Kenya and Tanzania.
From Ikoma you can enter the western corridor of the park, taking in Kirawira and the Grumeti river – home to the giant wildebeest-eating crocodiles. There is no better place to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wildlife spectacles. Staying at Ikoma Tented Camp gives you the unique opportunity to enjoy a night game drive or a walking safari, as the camp is located just outside the national park boundary. A great chance to see and hear some of the nocturnal animals that can’t be spotted in daytime, such as the Leopard, Aardvark and the Bat-eared fox.
Another special way of experiencing the bush is by going along on a guided walking safari. Guided by a professional ranger and guard you discover the bush and its inhabitants at close range. A great way to start or end a day in the Serengeti, followed by a breakfast in the bush or a sundowner at the close of the day. The airstrip a short distance away from the camp means you can be with us in next to no time and avoid the long drive through the park should you prefer a shorter journey.
- 35 spacious tented rooms with attached bathroom and a private veranda with stunning views of the Serengeti
- Bathroom with shower, flush toilet, wash hand basin, soap, towels and bottled water
- Mosquito nets, candles with matches and electrical lighting in the tent
- Camping site with kitchen, toilets and showers
- Charging possibilities for cameras, batteries, etc.
- Spacious restaurant and bar area serving a daily changing 4 course menu, and complementary coffee and tea in the afternoon
- Full & half board rates; lunch boxes available
- Cold drink service at the rooms by sunset
- Bush breakfast or bush dinner is possible on request
- Support of the local village by daily bed night fees and a yearly grant
- Activities: night game drive, walking safari at sunrise or sunset, visit to local Maasai village, balloon safari pick up from the camp
- Airstrip nearby