Moivaro Coffee Plantation Lodge
Moivaro Coffee Plantation Lodge & Estate, the lodge where you will stay in a charming atmosphere and enjoy every comfort you need.
Moivaro Lodge is situated right in the heart of beautiful, natural scenery and yet is only 7 km from the town of Arusha: an ideal spot to enjoy the impressive flora and fauna of East Africa.
At Moivaro Lodge we will ensure that you are looked after in a unique, friendly and peaceful manner, helping you to prepare for your safaris and cosseting you on your return in the evening. Our spacious thatched brick cottages are set in a lovely tropical garden, with private verandas ensuring every visitor all the privacy needed. Relax and enjoy the beautiful views of Mount Meru from the comfortable veranda, go for a stroll around the Moivaro property, or laze at the pool nestling in the midst of tropical trees and coffee plants.
As a daily activity we arrange the Moivaro Village Walk. A unique opportunity to see everyday life in Tanzania and make closer contact with the local people. You can visit a local banana brewery and sample its beer; or hear the story of a local eccentric, and marvel at the tree house he fashioned for himself. A walk is typically 2 hours long and can involve a climb up Oldonyo Maas Hill for those looking for a more demanding experience.
- 40 spacious thatched brick cottages set in beautiful green gardens
- Spacious rooms with fire place, en-suite bathroom, single or double beds, mosquito nets and a private veranda
- Excellent restaurant serving a mix of continental, African and international dishes, using the fruits and vegetables from our own garden
- Daily changing 4 course diner menu, lunch menu and complimentary coffee and tea in the afternoon
- Spacious bar and lounge area with a veranda overlooking the lush garden
- Swimming Pool
- Fireplace with a beautiful view of Mount Meru
- 40 Acres of expansive grounds and lovely gardens witch can be explored by a 2 KM walking/jogging track
- Children playground
- Support of the local village by daily bed night fees, a yearly grant and a special school & nursery project
- Daily activities: enjoy a relaxing massage, cultural tour in and around Moivaro Village, pay a visit to Arusha National Park, or discover Arusha town guided by a local guide
- Free wifi service in the public area
- Laundry service